COPYTRACK currently offers 4 key services. These services are free for anyone to use. We strive for equitable solutions between rightsholders and offenders. First, we must understand, in part, the nature of copyrights and how violations can occur.
As we all know, pictures are copied and distributed illegally countless times each day. These pictures are stolen from their creators countless times, who are put at a great financial disadvantage due to the current copyright enforcement system.
In the current system, copyright infringements are difficult to pursue and are often considered a trivial offense. There also remains a legal risk to rights-holders, in addition to the time required to detect an infringement and take action against it.
As such, our services are outlined as follows:
- Post-licensing in over 140 countries
- Legal advice by qualified lawyers
- “One-click” case management
- Personal customer service
COPYTRACK provides a tool to comfortably navigate this process without any risk or hassle to rights-holders. We offer our service free of charge, and even bear the risk of legal fees. COPYTRACK only takes a small success-related commission. The benefits for rights-holders are:
- Free use of platform
- Zero risk of legal enforcement
- Focus: “post”-licensing
- Fair approach for both parties
COPYTRACK always strives for a fair settlement between all sides and emphasizes premiere customer service on two fronts: post-licensing and search-matching.
- Post-licensing. In essence, this is the purchase of a proper license after a registered image has been used by the rights-violator. Rather than being sued and facing tremendous costs, we cure the infringement by offering a fair post-licensing to the offender. Post-licensing provides advantages to both users of copyrighted content and the associated rights-holders. Benefits for violators include avoiding a bad reputation in addition to saving time and resources on fighting costly legal battles. On the other hand, rights-holders gain by having access to postlicensing worldwide and being paid faster. We encourage our clients to focus on their profession and not on lawsuits.
- Search, Match, and License. COPYTRACK offers a full start-to-finish service – from searching for the use of a rights-holder’s images on the internet, to matching the findings precisely to the photographer’s images and identifying unlicensed usage – in order to obtain a post-licensing fee or claim damages on behalf of the rights-holder.